Friday, July 1, 2011

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday Fun

As mentioned in my previous post, Monday night was not a great night for sleeping in our house.  Tuesday morning had me feeling like a complete zombie.  Once James left for work, I was sort of at a loss as to what to do.  It was rainy and a wee bit cold outside and the boys were boiling over with energy (it always amazes me how much energy children can have with little to no sleep).  I decided on a last minute trip to our local indoor play place, Skedaddles.  It turned out to be a great decision.  Both boys had a blast there...we spent the entire morning there.



As a result of all the running around (and probably the lack of sleep the night before) Hunter had a great nap once we got home.  Drew went in to lay with him for a bit once he woke up....super cute.

Once Hunter was up and ready to go, the boys and I headed to Terra.  They were having a sale on mulch (1.99$/bag)...unfortunately, we were too late and they were sold out by the time we got there.  We did end up spending over an hour there, terrorizing the poor fish in their display ponds.  Every time I turned around, one of the boys would be throwing rocks into them....

I love Terra, and I love the displays they have there.  What I don't love are their prices....everything is so freaking expensive!!!  Oh well, a girl can dream, right?



I LOVE this set...and am hoping to eventually have something like it (a MUCH cheaper version) at the cottage...love the "sitting area" idea for outside.
I literally had to drag the boys away from Terra in order to get to Nana and Papa's for dinner before soccer.  It was rushed and stressful trying to get the boys to eat something before Drew had his game at 6:15...we made it though.  While we were at Nana's, we didn't see Papa.  The weather forecast was calling for sunshine the next couple of days, which meant Papa was out frantically cutting hay.....as they say, you gotta cut hay when the sun shines...and we haven't been seeing much sun lately.

Drew's soccer game was great.  Drew tried really hard, and he got "Player of the game!".  Not only does he get a cute little certificate, but he also gets a free kids meal at shoeless joe's in Georgetown!  Woohoo!!


After the game we went back to Nana and Papa's and had a quick visit with papa before we went home to bed.  Wednesday was going to be a big day!

Wednesday was Drew's very last day of Jk.  Can you believe it???  I certainly can't.  He's come a long way this year......we are very proud of him.

While Drew was at school, Hunter and I went to Indigo for the momstown baby book club.  Hunter participated for a little while and then decided he wanted to head to starbucks for a treat with his mommy (perhaps I may have put the idea in his head....).

Once bookclub was over, we went to the grocery store to pick some treats up for Drew after school and then we met James for lunch at the new pizza shop in Milton.

Once home, Hunter had a nap and I tried to tackle the garden at the front of the house.  We headed to the Glen to meet Drew (and his friend from school, who rode the bus to Nana's with him) once Hunter woke up and the boys had a great time all afternoon doing the things they love at Nana and Papa's.




James took Drew and Drew's buddy home at 5 (his buddy had soccer) and brought pizza back with him for dinner.

Thursday I did not take any pictures (I know, shocking...also not so good for the photo-a-day project I'm doing on facebook......sssshhhh, don't tell anyone).  It was a very full day though.  We spent the morning playing, cutting the grass and getting stuff done around the house.  James' parents came at 3:30 to watch the boys for the afternoon/evening while James and I headed out for some time together.  We went to see "bad teacher" (hilarious), got some food at Boston pizza and got some groceries at Walmart.  Once home, the boys were put to bed and I headed out to a pub night with some other moms and then came home to watch some TV with James.

And there you have it!  We have a long weekend this weekend, and James is actually off work to enjoy it with us!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment