Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mid-week happenings

Tuesday and Wednesday are a bit of a blur (as usual), here is my re-cap as best as I can remember it.

  Tuesday morning, James spent out in the field.  He put about a third of our hay away and worked some more on the fence.  The boys and I played at home (I think anyways) and kept cool in the shade.  James' parents came Tuesday afternoon to hang out with the boys while James and I had some time to ourselves.  We went to see the new (last) Harry Potter movie (which was pretty good) and then went to home depot(looking for a new steel door for our basement) and Shoeless joes for dinner.  Was a bit disappointed with dinner, had the vege wrap, which they have changed and NOT for the better.

We rushed home and took Drew to soccer.  It was a fun game, except the coach from the other team was "playing" and kept taking the ball away from our kids and giving it to the kids on his team AND was playing goalie (we're not supposed to have goalies in this league...the whole idea is that the kids experience some success).  Some people are ridiculous.


Drew wanted to practice after the game.


While the game was going on, I rushed up to the Glen to do the chores and such for my parents.  I made it back in time to catch the last half.

On Wednesday, Drew's friend from school, Mathew G came over to play for the day.  Hunter was VERY excited to make lemonade for them.  It was a great day.  The boys played very well together and went hard at it all day (needless to say, Drew was exhausted at the end of the day).  We dropped him off at around 4:30 (we had picked him up at 10) and then come home, only to decide to head back up to the Credit river in Glen Williams for a swim (I think James likes going there more than our kids do!)  We had McDonald's for dinner and then came home for an easy bedtime routine for the boys.  I hit the road again, this time heading to the Ivy arms where I met some other moms for a beer, munchies and some adult conversation.

There, I guess it wasn't as much of a blur as I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment