Saturday, July 16, 2011

Kelso!

I hadn't been to Kelso Conservation Area in a few years.  We had taken Drew once or twice when he was a baby and haven't really been back since.  I decided to join the momstown group that was heading there yesterday morning.  It was a wee-bit stressful packing up.  I hate packing, and it felt like we had to take everything in the house just for a day at the beach (I packed lunches for us, and Drew wanted to bring a few toys for the sand, bathing suits, towels, a blanket to sit on, etc, etc, etc).

Getting to the beach is a bit tricky.  It's quite a steep hill down to the water and you can imagine what it was like getting down there with 2 boys and all of our crap.

Once we were down there, we set up shop in the shade and then the boys were in the water.  It would have been more fun for me had I had a life-jacket for Hunter.  It was hard to keep the boys together, as Drew wanted to go off and swim with the big kids, and Hunter had other plans and I'm a little too aware of the dangers of getting too far away from a child when they are in the water SO, while the boys had a FABULOUS time in the water, I was a little too nervous for comfort.  My plan is to get a life-jacket for Hunter to keep at home, and then when we go back (and we will go back) it will be a little easier!

All in all, it was really fun.  It was a very hot day yesterday, so the cool water was a nice treat.




I dropped the kids off at my parents house for 2:30 as I had a hair appt. at 3.  It was a nice, relaxing 2 hours for me, getting my hair cut and then I headed back to the Glen to hang out for the evening.

Nana and Papa have a new fire-bowl...it was put to the test today!


Sadly, our newest calf, Patches, died last night.  We didn't get the colostrum into her quick enough and she just wasn't strong enough to get enough food from the bottle.  We're very sad around here....especially Drew.  He can't understand why her mother didn't want her.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment