Thursday, July 21, 2011

HOTTEST DAY EVER - Seriously

I think today set a record for being the hottest day ever.  Really.

We have 1 window air conditioner in our playroom and 1 upstairs in Drew's room.

That is all.

You can imagine the moods we are all in.

I feel nauseous sitting here typing this, so this post will be brief.

Today I woke up at 6 and walked a couple of laps around the  north field.  I was thinking that it would be cooler early in the morning.

I was wrong.

While it wasn't quite like walking in an oven, as it would have been had I waited until later in the day, it was like walking in a sauna.

Still, I'm glad I did it.  Got some "me" time in, got some exercise and then I watered the flowers when I got back to the house.

That was about the extent of my productivity for the day.

James' parents came by at 9:45 to watch Hunter while I took Drew to a cooking class at the Georgetown superstore.  We met some of our friends there.

Drew did not like the food at all, but I will give him credit for trying it.  He did enjoy the chopping and mixing...oh, and the jello at the end.

Love this chopper thing, NEED to find out where they sell them.  You'd think they would sell them there, but no.

Pasta salad
Once our class was over, our group of friends headed next door to McDonald's for some lunch and playtime.  Then Drew and I said goodbye to our friends and headed up to Nana and Papa's to take care of the chores there.....that was not the most pleasant thing to do in this heat.

Poor Happy was SOOOO hot.  Drew mercifully sprayed the poor dog with water, which was appreciated.

We came home, had a quick visit with Grandma and Grandpa and then Hunter had a nap while Drew and I hung out in one of our air conditioned rooms.

Once H woke up, we all sun screened up and headed to the Merry's for a dip in their pool.  It was AWESOME.  Near the end, I was shivering because I was (you'll never believe this) COLD!  This only lasted until I dried off.....but it was a blissful few minutes.

The boys LOVED swimming in their pool.....it was really fun.

Once we got home, we had some dinner (including some yummy corn they gave us....honestly, our neighbours rock) and then I took the boys to Marble Slab Creamery for ice cream...worth every over-priced penny on a day like today.



And that's it...the boys are in bed, I'm about to do the dishes I have neglected all day and then sit in my air conditioned play room and watch some TV.

Here's to a cooler tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment