Thursday, July 7, 2011

Story time at the park and other adventures.

Wednesday morning we joined some other "momstown" moms for some playtime in the park (rotary park), along with some songs and a story.  I went there thinking that neither boy would even want to think about sitting still for the songs/story and was gearing myself up for being ok with that (I have issues with my kids not wanting to "join in" on group activities...working on it).  I was pleasantly surprised that they both wanted to participate and both had smiles on their faces the entire time.




The songs and stories were followed by some serious play in the park and the attached little "forest" that the boys made into some sort of fort/spaceship/adults not allowed space.  It was good times, Drew and Hunter even made some new friends and I met a couple new moms.

Some of the moms were heading to McDonald's for lunch, so naturally, the boys and I joined them (I was regretting the choice once we arrived there though, it was PACKED.

Hunter had a nap on this day and then Nana arrived for some early afternoon playtime, along with Papa who was headed back out to the hay field.  Nana stayed for a few hours and helped me out a bit in the yard (SOOO much to do out there).....once she left, I got the boys dinner, tried to feed my dad, but he didn't have time to eat...had to work while the sun was still out.

James came home early, as I was having a few moms over for a Momstown "book swap" event and wanted him home to do the bedtime routine so that I could join in the fun and not be a rude host.  The book swap went well, ended up being 4 of us just gabbing outside.....was really wishing our deck was fixed so that we could sit out there, alas, the garage still has a big hole in the side of it and it is not safe to sit on.  Fun times.....wish the people would just show up and fix the damn thing already........not that I'm bitter or anything.......grrrr.

Today we met a friend and her kids at Springridge and just by chance ended up meeting a few other friends and their kids there (Drew's buddies from Nursery school).  My boys had a blast, and I have now been instructed by a certain 4 year old that I am to set up play dates with his buddies from Nursery school in the next little while (we hadn't seen them in close to a year, as they all went to different schools for JK).  I guess they all still get along!!








"We can see EVERYTHING up here!!!"


It was subway for lunch, where Hunter fell asleep while eating.


 Hunter is napping in his crib, Drew just finished his journal and is now watching some well-deserved television and I'm blogging.  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment