Thursday, July 14, 2011

Do you ever feel like you've blinked....

.....and years have gone by??

I feel like the past 2 years have flown by and I'm not really sure what happened.  I think it mostly has to do that I spent most of the first 18 months of it in a sleepless haze.  It was a good, fun, happy sleepless haze...but a sleepless haze nonetheless.

Today is my baby's 2nd birthday.  It seems like just yesterday.....



I'm sure I have photos of the day he was born (July 14) but can't seem to find any on this computer....still, you get the picture...he was tiny.  Now he's my big 2 year old!  I actually had an argument with him today about his age.  I said, "Hunter you're 2 today!"  He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "no, tee (three)".  This kept up for quite a few minutes and then he got distracted with something else.  He is 2 right?  I haven't actually missed an entire year, have I???

Today was a good day.  We got up and let Hunter open his gifts (Hunter had bought a few things for Drew too, such a thoughtful brother).  Both boys were so excited.





Once the gift excitement had died down, James went out to feed the calf (our new calf's mom won't let it nurse, so we're trying to keep it alive by bottle feeding it) and then we all got ready and headed to Wonderland.  We have season's passes, but have not been yet this year.  It was really fun, we stayed in the kid's area, of course, but we all had a great time.  We left there at lunch time and headed to Chuck E Cheese.  We stayed there for a few hours and then made our way back to Milton.  I had a doctor's appt (that turned out to be a giant waste of time, but that's another story) and then we headed home.

The calf needed another bottle, so the boys headed down to the barn to help.

You should have seen Hunter's face when he saw the bottle....I'm sure he thought it was for him
Her name is Patches.

I hope she survives.....I am very angry at her mother.

My parents arrived at 5:30, bringing with them a very exciting birthday gift for Hunter-bug.


A new slide!
We all had dinner at East Side Mario's and then came back to our place to play with the slide.


Hunter was not thrilled with the singing.  He grabbed my hand and was squeezing it really tight.

He was sure about the dessert though....YUM!

The box the slide came in was almost as fun as the slide itself!


Weeeee!
Happy birthday, Hunter-bug.  I love you so very much!

1 comment: