Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy birthday Lucas!

This weekend started out on kind of a low note for me.  I was feeling a wee bit stressed Friday morning, because I felt like there were a million things for me to do and the fact that I had the kids in tow was stressing me out.  I wasn't sure I would be able to get everything done......and then the bathroom sink "blew up".  There is literally a giant hole in the pipe.  That was the straw that broke the camels back (as they say).  I freaked out.  By freak out, I mean FREAK OUT.  I couldn't stop crying.  James was a bit flabbergasted.  He's used to me being emotional, but this was a tad ridiculous.

Anyways, he took Drew out to help him feed the cows, I had a little quiet time with my youngest and all was better when they returned.

The day got better after that...thank goodness.

We went to a cooking class that morning, which was a bit overwhelming, but the boys loved their smoothies so I was glad we went.

From there we went to get some groceries, picked out/bought Luc's birthday gift and then headed to our new library where the kids picked out some books for the weekend.

It was home from there, where Hunter had a nap (after a bit of a fight...he did NOT want to go down) and then we headed to the Merry's and then to my parents.  

The boys and their dog.
Drew wrote his name on these sticky notes so that James would know who he was when we picked him up at work.
 From my parents, we headed to the airport to pick James up and then it was off to the cottage.  It was Luc's annual cottage party this weekend to celebrate his birthday.
The boys at the farmer's market...Hunter was loving the popcorn samples (we ended up buying a bag, he loved it so much).
 After we hit the farmer's market we headed to Luc and Erin's cottage and then out on their boat.  The boys loved the boat and the swimming that followed.  It was great fun.  Drew especially loved it.  I wish I had brought my camera, because there were some fantastic jumps done by him into the water!

Once we got back to their cottage, Hunter had a nap in his stroller while Drew played.  Once Hunter woke up, we took the boys back to our cottage for another swim and to allow them to play with their friends.

Dinner time came and it was back to the Hodgson cottage.  It was a struggle to get Drew back there, as he wanted to stay with his buddies.  Once there though, he seemed to have fun with our friends.

Luc cooking up some corn.

Ryan and Kate spent a great deal of time teaching the boys horse-shoes...it was adorable.



Big changes are afoot for the Hodgsons...a new baby and a move to Windsor, all in the same month!!  Exciting times.



Drew had a really fun time with Uncle Ryan!
Sunday morning we woke up and the first thing Drew wanted to do was call Uncle Luc and Uncle Ryan.  We did one better and loaded the kids into the van and rushed over to the Hodgson cottage to catch them before everyone left.  We said our goodbyes and hope to see everyone again soon.  James will see the boys this weekend when he goes to Philly with them for Ryan's bachelor party.....lets all keep our fingers crossed that they come back in one piece.

Ryan(little Ryan) and Drew made a fort...this seems to be a theme at the cottage.

New fav chips....they are delicious!

Hunter likes them too!
And that is pretty much it.  We drove home sunday afternoon as we had a lot of stuff to do around here.  Took the boys for another swim last night and then had a smooth bedtime routine for them....I was a bit surprised, as Drew had napped on the way home and usually that means NO SLEEP for him until really late...I guess all the swimming tired him out!

No comments:

Post a Comment