Friday, September 16, 2011

We love kittens

Tuesday was gymnastics day.  The boys did GREAT.  Hunter did so great that his coach (Jen, whom he had last session) asked me if I'd swapped babies during the summer.  Last session, Hunter would want to do anything BUT what the coach was trying to do with the kids.  This session (well, on Tuesday anyways, am totally knocking on wood as I type this) he followed directions completely, did the circuit, put his "bum on the wall" when she asked them to.  It was SO cute!

After gymnastics, Nana came back to our house for a bit (she doesn't have a kindergarten run this year, so she has a bit more free time...yay!) and then after H's nap, we went up to their house for the evening.

Along the way, there was some love for the kittens.

Never enough love....



Wednesday morning Hunter had his discover together class at the Milton EYC.  Normally, Drew would be at school during this class, but since it hasn't started yet, the teacher was nice enough to let him tag along.

He was really excited to wear his new fireman shirt that his aunt Laurie made him.  I was really excited that he was wearing something OTHER than the fire-fighter costume he's been wearing everyday.  THANK YOU LAURIE....most thoughtful gift EVER.



Thursday was Drew's birthday party - take 2.  Normally, I'd just have all of our friends at one party so everyone could celebrate together.  I decided against this for Drew's party this year mainly because he was insisting on having it at our house (I was having panic attacks about the possibility of rain).  Our house just isn't that big and there is only one washroom.

I think the 2nd party was a great idea.  The kids seemed to have a great time, and I had a great time with my mommy friends....plus Drew's birthday got spread out a little more.....and everyone knows, I LOVE celebrating with my kids!

craft fun


yummy cupcakes!









Thanks girls for coming to celebrate with us.....we had a great time.

This morning the boys and I headed to Indigo (the Thomas book store).  We played, read some books, listened to story time and then hit the road.  We hadn't been there in a while, so it was nice to do something "different".



From Indigo, we went to First choice to get Drew's hair cut.  I was thinking of getting H's hair cut too, but he would have nothing to do with it.  It's not that long, so I didn't push it.


Right beside First Choice in Milton, there is a subway.  Guess what we had for lunch??

Hunter fell asleep on the way home, so once I transferred him to his crib, Drew and I hung out.  He made a birthday card for his buddy Leo (whose party we're going to tomorrow), we played with some of his new playmobil stuff and then we headed outside once H woke up.

Nana and Papa's was the next stop.  There we played on the trampoline and played with the Thomas trains.

And there you have it, it's Friday night, I've got some DVR'd shows to catch up on!  James works tomorrow, but then is off for a few days.....hopefully we'll do something fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment