Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Coolest rocking horse ever!





So, if you were having a birthday party for a 5 year old boy and his buddies, would you consider holding it 
a) in the dark?
b) somewhere where they would hold weapons?
c) somewhere where both of the above items would be ticked off?

Neither would I



On Saturday, Drew went to his buddy Leo's birthday party.  It was held at the "Putting Edge" in Oakville.  It was a glow in the dark mini golfing party.

I gotta say, was a bit nervous for it.  Even more so when we got there, as the venue did not allow parents to go in with the kids (only the parents of the birthday boy).

I had some visions of what might happen.....it was laughable, really.

Surprisingly enough though, it all turned out great.  Drew now loves mini-golf and has asked to go back and not one boy came out with a black eye.

Guess you never can tell with kids!

The golf clubs were used as pretend guns though (as were the glow in the dark sticks that Leo's mom gave out).



While Drew and I were at the birthday party, Hunter stayed at Nana and Papa's house.  Papa wasn't there, because we had sent him to the auction sale for the day (there was a set of drawers there that we wanted).


He brought this rocking horse home.


It rocks.....in an, "I'm the most awesome rocking horse ever" sort of way.


Papa rocks in the, "I'm the most awesome papa ever" sort of way.

He also brought home the drawers and a train plate (for the boys).  I made him drive the drawers to our house, only to ask him to come pick them back up as they aren't quite what we want after all.

He loves me (and is not annoyed AT ALL - ha ha).

We are switching drawers with them, taking the set from my brother's room, giving them the new ones to replace my brother's set with.


On Sunday we woke up, and because we are the funnest parents around (yes, I used the word funnest) we decided to head to Wonderland.  An early morning wake up call to my sister in law and it was fun times for everyone!

Drew rode on Thunder run for the first time.

He LOVED it.




These donuts are now an expectation every time we go to Wonderland.

I can't say I mind, they are pretty damn good!



Hunter rode on a ride independently for the first time.

I had tears in my eyes.



The day was ended off with ice cream.

Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment