Friday, September 23, 2011

First phone call from the teacher!

Wednesday started out pleasantly enough.  We put Drew on the bus, he went on happily.  Hunter and I got ready and headed to the Milton EYC for his discover together class.  Hunter did great at the class.  He had a really fun time, played with some toys, did some painting and participated in the action songs in circle (it is so cute watching him do the actions!).

With the class pet, "Brownie".


We left early from our class and met James at McDonalds.  We had lunch there, Hunter played and then I took the car to my doctor's appt (yearly physical, oh joy) and James took H home for a nap.  Later on, we received a phone call from Drew's teacher.  He was on his way home by then.  I guess as they were getting ready to head to the gym to wait for their buses, Drew had an anxiety attack.  He told the teacher that he didn't like going on the bus because his "bus buddy" (older student assigned to the kindie students on the bus) got off the bus before him.  She just wanted me to know that she reassured him best she could and that he, reluctantly, did get on the bus.

Fast forward 25 minutes to me meeting him at the drive-way.  He was SUPER excited that he now has 2 bus buddies.  One gets off before him, and another one that gets off after him!  Not sure if the bus driver did that, or they did that at school....but it worked and Drew was totally fine.

Phew.

We all got in the car and headed to the Gellart Centre to go to the "after school" swim that they offer there.  Everyone had a fun time!

Thursday was a bit of a ho-hum day until the evening.  We headed up to Nana and Papa's.  They were watching Hunter while I took Drew to his first Beavers meeting.  We haven't registered yet, and I'm not 100% sure that we are going to.

This is what Hunter was doing when I left with Drew.....YUM!


I wasn't overly impressed with the first meeting.  The kids sat around a lot, not doing anything except for listening to the leaders, who were essentially speaking to us (the parents).  There was a lot of talk about fund-raising, etc.  They did play one game, that was drawn out and confusing for most kids.  Drew tells me it was the "most boring thing of his life".  Can't say I blame him....asking 5 year olds to sit for any length of time is asking a lot.

Two friends from my past, MaryAnn and Kim were new leaders though, so if Drew does join, it would be fun to get to know them and their kids...it's been awhile.  I was told that the first meeting is always really boring and not to judge the whole program by that.  They are planning a lot of outings for the year (dependant on the fund-raising)....James and I will have to discuss it further, I guess.  Drew is adamant that he doesn't want to go back, but I think once he sees all of the fun stuff they are going to do (hopefully), he'll change his mind....plus, I was planning on volunteering, so it'd be a nice time for just Drew and I.

I'll keep you posted!

While Drew and I were at the meeting, James walked in!  He took off work a few hours early to catch his little man at his first meeting.  I almost jumped out of my seat I was so excited to see him (it was a surprise).  It was honestly one of the sweetest things.

Plus, then the boys got this at the end of the night....

I love my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment