Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy birthday Drew!

On Sunday September 11, 2011 Drew turned 5 years old.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.  We had a whole bunch of fun lined up for him...here's how it played out.

Once he woke up (H was up already) we got straight to business opening his gifts from James, Hunter and I.  He was very excited and once opened, he was busy for a long time playing with his new toys.


Drew got Hunter a gift, so he wouldn't feel left out of the action.


Next up was the ritual of marking his height on the wall....he's grown about an inch since the last time we measured him.
 Once we calmed down from that, we headed to our neighbour's place (the Hume's).  The Toronto Live Steamers club meets there once/month to run their trains around the track.


The boys were mesmerized.


And were thrilled to get a ride!!!  Seriously, best day EVER!!

Hunter wouldn't go on his own, so James went on with him.  I think James had as much fun as the boys.


At 4pm, Drew's party (his first, of two) started.  I was a bit panicked about this whole thing....I'm not entirely thrilled with how it all played out.  Should have organized more games, but when I asked Drew if he had fun at his party, his eyes lit up and he said it was the best party EVER....so I guess that's all that counts.


Craft fun...painting picture frames!

Hadley having some fun.

Grandma instructing the kids.....it was so funny!

K and J on the bouncy castle.

My uncle and cousins having some dinner.

Drew's cake, which was brought by Nana and Papa.  He gave strict instructions that he wanted blue and white icing with transformers on top.  Well done Nana and Papa!  He was thrilled!!




Hadley getting some cake.

Pinata craziness.  I love how Hunter is just waiting at the back...

He's got his nana to pick up the candy for him....why stress???  LOL

Drew opening his gorgeous painting from Hadley.


It's tough to open your gifts when there are vultures all around you!  LOL

Opening gifts from Uncle Jamie ("he sent them all the way from Golden?!?!?"  Drew was super excited about that)




Sparkler fun.

Perhaps that full moon had something to do with the craziness of the night!

The photo collage below was done by my friend Laurie (from Clover photography).  I think it captures the day perfectly.  Although, there is no picture of me pulling my hair out.....that should probably be added to get a true feel for the afternoon!  Ha ha ha

Happy birthday Drew.  I love you so much, little bean.  I am so very proud of you, and can not wait to see what the next days, months, years have in store for us!!!!

XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment