Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labour day turned into "labor" day!

Our friends Lucas and Erin Hodgson welcomed their son, Tyler Ralph Hodgson into the world yesterday (September 5, 2011).  He weighed 6lbs15oz and is doing well.  We're going to see the little man (and his parents) tomorrow, can hardly wait.  Congratulations to them!!

I have been waiting for a little man to enter our circle of friends so that I can give away all of our baby boy clothes.  This has been pretty emotional for me, more emotional than I thought it would be.  I'm pretty sure we're done with babies (well, James is done anyways...lol)  Taking everything out, washing it and then packing it away to be given to another family has provoked some tears!  Ridiculous, I know, but it's what happened.

Anyways, we're super excited for Erin and Luc and can't wait to meet their little man.

Yesterday was a great day for the boys and I.  We met some friends at Rotary park in the morning.  Drew's newest playgroup friend was there, so they had a great time playing together (Drew still wearing his fire-fighter costume).  He told me yesterday that he was wearing it because, "people haven't seen a real fire-fighter up close mommy, cause they are always in their trucks.  This way they will know what one looks like".  Too cute.

Hunter playing in the sand at Rotary park
He's wearing it again today.

He wants to wear it tomorrow when we meet his teacher.

I hope I can get him to take it off by Christmas.

We went to Subway for lunch and then headed home.  Hunter had a nap and Drew and I worked outside.

We headed to Nana and Papa's for the afternoon/evening.  Here, we headed out for an adventure on the gator, worked in Nana's garden, the boys watched my dad split wood and we had pizza for dinner (their kitchen is all torn up as they are getting a new floor put in).

Hard at work in the garden.
It was a great night.

1 comment:

  1. Little Tyler has a great birthday! Although I remember it coming on the first day of school more often then not! :)

    ReplyDelete