Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend Fun

James worked really late friday night (he got home around 4 am) so once the boys were up, fed and dressed we headed out to the gym.  My plan was to do the 9am class, but we didn't get there in time.  I ran on the treadmill for a bit and watched the class.  I was a bit nervous to do the class, so this actually calmed my nerves a bit to try it out next weekend (it's a cardio bootcamp class).  After my workout, I picked the boys up, grabbed a smoothy for the boys and we headed to the "Thomas book store" (Indigo).  The boys played, I ran into a friend I used to work with and once we had sufficiently  destroyed the store, we left to go pick daddy up to go for lunch.

There were a few vans advertised in the Georgetown paper for sale at Georgetown Chrysler.  We headed there first (as Hunter fell asleep in the van).  James went and test drove one, made them an offer, but they would not budge on the price.  He left our phone number and told them to call us when they changed their minds.  We headed to Pizza Hut for lunch and discussed whether we should call Chrysler back (I am not good at negotiating!).  We decided not to, and thought we'd give Milton Chyrsler a call.  Turns out they had the same vans for sale there, and the one we really wanted was available (with a dvd player).  James headed there, they were willing to negotiate a bit on the price, and we bought the van!  We go and pick it up on wednesday.  SOOOO excited!

James' parents came over to watch the boys that afternoon.  We went to see, "No strings attached".  I really liked the movie, we had a great time.  Our plan after that was to go get some dinner and then do a little shopping.  That plan was thwarted though, as there was a crazy snow storm outside!  We drove home right away and told James' parents to hit the road (the roads were getting really bad).

Sunday morning found James up bright and early cleaning the driveway and then we were on our way to swimming lessons.  Drew had a freak-out right before.  We were all on the deck, I was holding Hunter and we saw Drew's teacher.  We told him to go to her, as his class had started.  She did not notice him when he went over and walked right on by.  He came running back, crying, saying he didn't want to go to swimming.  I walked him over and stayed on deck throughout his entire lesson (usually I go out and sit with my parents).  This helped, and once he got to jump in, he had a great time.




Working on my back floats.



Helping H on the slide
After swimming, we hit Timmys for the usual after swimming snack with Nana and Papa, then we headed home to get ready for our friend C's birthday party.  C had her party at Scribble n' Splatter an awesome kid's art studio located in Milton (I think she has an in with the owners ;) ).

The party was really fun, both boys had a blast.  Crafts, music, toys and dancing, who could ask for more???  Oh, and CAKE!!!!  Fun times!!!!!





Happy birthday C!!!


It was early to bed for them after all this activity, and not much sleep for anyone last night.  Hunter was up screaming, which kept Drew up, which kept James and I up.  This morning was nasty.  Drew did NOT want to go to school.  I sent James to drop him off, and he cried and cried.  James took him in to school and walked him right to the door.  Drew finally calmed down, and said to James, "I just want to wipe my tears away before I go in, daddy".  His teacher came and brought him in before he got a chance to wipe them away.  Once James told me this, I almost drove there and picked him up.  I did get an e-mail from his teacher telling me that the rest of his day went great.  We hung out at my parents all night tonight, and both boys were wonderful.

They are both asleep right now, crossing my fingers for a better night tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment