Saturday, February 12, 2011

"Mommy, I don't like you"

Today was exhausting.

I was up most of the night with Hunter last night.  For whatever reason, he woke up at 1am screaming, and would not go back to sleep.  I tried everything.  We cuddled on the couch for most of the night, I spent a lot of the night trying to keep him from getting up off of the couch.  Poor little man.  Needs to SLEEP!!!

Once James woke up (I was a bitter bitch while he was sleeping....I feel guilty about it now...but wow, was I upset!).  It should be said that James "slept in" until 7:30.  Since when does 7:30 count as a sleep in....especially when you work until 10pm the night before?!?!  Apparently when you're married to me, that's when.

Anyways...what was I saying?  Right.  Once James woke up, I stormed into our bedroom to try and get some sleep....I might have told him what I was doing...I'm not sure.  I slept for about an hour, and woke up a different person.

The boys were wonderful this morning, and this afternoon for that matter.  James went out to feed the cows and check on everything in the barn (nightmare....the water was frozen.  He was out there forever, and ended up being late for work - not a happy camper when he left for work - dad came over later in the afternoon and spent a couple more hours on it and finally got it to work again).  While James was out there, Drew wanted to play with his moon sand.  We hadn't had it out in a while (because it makes a crazy mess), so we hauled it out.  The boys had a great time.  I was feeling bad about the fact that we hadn't been outside in a few days (because it's so f-ing cold) so I had the bright idea to bring some snow inside.  It would have been great, had we not already had the moon sand out.






Note to self - moon sand and snow do not mix well!  Huge mess.  The boys had a blast.  Mommy did not have so much fun cleaning it up!

Hunter had a great nap today, which gave Drew and I time to hang out and read some books, watch some TV and just play together.

Nana (and papa) came over in the early afternoon.  Papa headed out to the barn to work on the water, and the boys, Nana and myself headed to Scribble n' Splatter for an afternoon of valentine's crafts and cookie decorating.  There were a few other kids there, and both boys played very well with them and had a lot of fun.  I think the highlight for both boys was the cookie decorating.




showing papa how to decorate cookies after dinner
I'm not sure what happened to Drew on the drive home from Scribble n' Splatter but dear lord.  I almost turned back to see if I had accidentally brought the wrong kid home.  He had asked to set up his electric train set after we got home.  I said yes, as long as he was a good listener.  On the way home, he was kicking my chair.  I told him to stop, gave him a million chances, he kept kicking my chair, each time a little harder.  Finally, I told him we were not getting the train set out.  This was like a switch going off.  He threw this huge tantrum.  Throwing stuff at me (while I'm driving), calling me names, yelling.  It was terrible.  It didn't end with the van ride either.  Once home, it continued.

I got some dinner into him, which seemed to help things a bit.

Until bed time, when there was a HUGE meltdown that he wanted his daddy.  It must be hard on him, having to go to bed without seeing James.  We skyped with daddy right before bed, which I think helped a little.  He fell asleep while I was reading him stories (Hunter went to bed with no problems tonight too!).

Fingers crossed for a good night and a better day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment