Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy Friday!



Drew had school today for the first time in a week.  Monday was a PA day and Wednesday was a snow day.  He was not a happy camper this morning.  He did NOT want to go to school, huge meltdown before we left.

Hunter and I had a good day, we played for the morning and he had a pretty big nap, waking just in time to leave to pick brother up from school.



"K, seriously mom, enough with the pictures"

"Could I offer you some water?"

"Playing Thomas on mommy's phone"

Drew wasn't in much of a better mood when I picked him up.  Nana usually takes him on the bus in the afternoons, but today she was off to Niagara Falls, so Drew got to be picked up by me (apparently not a fun alternative).  I was racking my brain all day trying to figure out a fun place to take the boys once I had picked Drew up from school that would take his mind off of not seeing Nana and Papa on a school night.  Kelly thankfully e-mailed and suggested hitting skedaddles in the afternoon.  A plan was in place!

We had a slight detour on the way there, as Drew decided he had to go potty right away.  Surprisingly enough, there was a Tim Horton's nearby (they are everywhere in Milton) and we stopped there.  Obviously, some Timbits were consumed after the potty break.

Once at Skedaddle's, the boys had a great time.  Hunter even went down the two huge slides.  I freaked out a bit the first time he went down, but after I saw the smile on his face, I realized it was all good.  I had a great time as well.  I hadn't seem Kelly in quite some time, it was great to catch up and have some adult conversation.





After Skedaddle's, we headed to McDonald's....cause where else would we finish off our "super fun,  mommy is so great" night.



The above videos illustrate what I got to listen to on the way to McDonald's.  Now do you understand why I am insane??? LOL

Man, was that a mistake.  It was JAMMED.  The boys lasted 5 minutes in the play place, it was way too overwhelming for them.  We ordered dinner, ate, and then got out of there asap.  Thankfully, both boys made it home awake (Drew almost fell asleep, but my rendition of "twinkle, twinkle little poop" kept him awake and laughing.)

Bedtime went smoothly, both boys were exhausted, and now I'm going to go watch Grey's Anatomy (which I DVR'd on Thursday, what did I ever do before we got that thing?!?!)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment