Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Be careful what you wish for.....

I believe it was in my last post that I had mentioned that I did not care when we got our van back, that I loved the grand caravan.  Turns out, we're not getting our van back.  Heard from our insurance company yesterday and they have deemed it, "irreparable", so it is being written off.  I have absolutely no fun car shopping, so while the prospect of a new vehicle is very exciting, I'm not looking forward to dealing with car salesmen and trying to figure out exactly what we want.  Also, spending the money is not going to be very fun either.  We had JUST finished paying the van off (in November) and were quite excited not to have that payment every month.  Oh well, I guess it would be worse if we were still paying on it.....also, at least James and I were not hurt in the accident.  Yes, things could be alot worse.....

This weekend was a blur of puke, fevers, puke, and more puke.  We were all sick, the boys and James getting the worst of it.  Hunter is just getting over it now.  No fun!  I did go to a girl's games night on Friday night that I had a blast at.  There were 4 of us, and I (we) learned how to play hearts, and of course, chatted.  I can't wait for the next time, it's been too long since I'd just hung out with friends......really miss that.

I had some blood work done, and the doctor asked me to come in afterwards for a consult.  Turns out my iron levels were super low.  She's started me on iron pills for the next little while to see if that helps.  She told me that low iron levels could cause extreme fatigue (I told her that not sleeping could also cause this condition - she did not find this funny).  It's probably in my head, but since I've been taking the pills (a few days) I have been feeling better.

waiting for H to wake up in the driveway

sleepy H

1 comment:

  1. I used to get B12 shots to help with iron absorption (I think)...I felt awesome after!

    ReplyDelete