Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sunday Fun

Sunday mornings find us out of the door bright and early to get to swimming lessons by 9am.  It was the only time I could get them both in lessons at the same time.  Both boys thoroughly enjoyed their lesson, Drew was thrilled because I stayed out on the deck again today.  He will have a volunteer in his class now, as one of his classmates does not like the water, and cries/clings to the instructor for the entire class.  It worked out great as there were only 2 children in class on this day.....1-1 ratio, gotta love that!

After swimming we went to Timmy's, of course, and then headed home.  Hunter had a big nap, and James set up Drew's (ok, uncle Jamie's) electric train set for him (if you'll remember it from my previous post).  This was hours of fun.  James left to go play basketball before he headed into work (his day 5, thank god).

Drew LOVES this train set.  I hate this train set.  It is so finicky, the engine is always coming off the rails.

A very long nap sometimes makes for a very cranky toddler upon waking.

Let me check in your ears...


Once Hunter woke up, the 3 of us played for a while and then went to Nana and Papa's for some outside fun.  It turned out the snow was perfect for snow fort building and snow man making.  We had a great time!

Happy, Drew and our snowman.

Our snow fort.

"I'm the king of the world!"

H and his baby.
Leaving Nana and Papa's was not so great.  Drew threw one of his epic tantrums.  I'm not sure what's going on with this kid, but I'm not sure I can take much more.  He was kicking/hitting, talking back...so frustrating.  Once I got them home, it was no easier.  Sigh......all of the parenting articles I've read say it's typical of the age/stage....I still feel like I'm doing everything wrong.  Parenting, gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment