Friday, February 24, 2012

This week...(Feb 11-17)

I know every week I say something about how I can't believe how fast the week went, and here's a week in pictures cause I didn't have enough time to blog about it, bla bla bla.  Seriously though, how the hell is it Friday night already??  

Here's another damn week in review!

Saturday was a very unusual day for me.  It was unusual because I had so much free time.  The original plan was for us to take 2 cars to skating lessons, I'd leave at 11 to meet Erin in Burlington for lunch and then come back to Milton for my hair appointment.  This plan was ruined by the weather.  We did take 2 cars to skating, but the drive was brutal.  The drive to Burlington was not going to happen, and I didn't want to drive back home, only to have to drive back into Milton for my hair appointment (no way in hell I was cancelling that!).  


After skating, I stayed in town and James took the boys home (and then to Brampton so that his parents could watch them while he played basketball...we both had delightfully relaxing days).  I didn't really know what to do with myself to be honest.  There are only so many stores in the Milton mall.....it was a nice change from my reality though.

That night, we just hung around the house.  We decorated Valentine's cookies, played games, and just enjoyed each others company.






Sunday I sped off to Burlington to meet Erin for lunch (the weather cooperated for us on this day) and then sped back to Milton to meet James and the boys at "Couture cupcake boutique" for Campbell's birthday party.  James left the party early to take a conference call relating to our cottage (more fun things happening with that place - please note my sarcasm).  After the party, the boys and I rushed home to meet Grandma and Grandpa.  They were watching the boys so that James and I could head off to a wedding reception (a friend from James' work got married in Costa Rica and was having her reception on this day!).


The rest of the week is a bit of a blur.  James and the boys took me out to East side marios for dinner on Monday night.  I met them there after work (we had a staff meeting, so I was late).  They walked in carrying a potted rose and all of their cards, yelling "mommy!!!"  It was very cute.  After dinner, I took the boys to Wal-mart to pick out some treats.  Grandma and Grandpa had given them $5 each for Valentine's and Aunt Fran had also given them $5 so they had $10 each to spend.  It took FOREVER to pick out something.  They had fun though, you could see the excitement.
playing with their new treats (a wac-a-mole game for Hunter and a star wars lego ship for Drew)



James was back to work on Tuesday, so the boys hung out at Nana and Papa's all day.  When I got home from work, they were waiting for their cupcakes to cool so they could put icing on their creations.

Finally time for icing!

James and I got the boys this monster truck set for valentine's day...it was on sale and they are obsessed with monster trucks lately.  It was a big hit.


Wednesday found me working in the morning, so Hunter headed up to Nana's.  I picked him up just after lunch (Drew was at school).  These mornings are so great for little Hunter-bug.  He doesn't get Nana to himself very often, so I think it's great bonding time for them.  As I'm typing this though, I've just realized that Drew doesn't get Nana and Papa to himself anymore either...must try to figure out a time to do this!

Thursday I was working in Peel, so the boys hung out at my parent's place again.  Once I got home, we all headed outside.  Drew wanted to go and play in the "secret" pasture field (it's out behind the cover-all and we don't go out there very often).  There happened to be more snow out there, so the boys made snow angels and had fun running up and down the hill.



Today was a bit of a crappy day.  I woke up, got Drew's lunch ready for school, got him up and bathed and hung out with him and James before he left for school (Hunter slept through all of this) and then I just crashed.  I passed out for a few hours.  I felt SO sick and miserable.  James actually called his parents and arranged for them to watch Hunter while I slept all day.  Once I woke up though, I felt a bit better and was way too guilty to let his parents take H.  I hadn't really seen him all day and didn't want to miss a chance to spend the day with him!  We played games, I took him to the library and Wal-mart (we got a new suitcase for the little man) and then once Drew came home for school we retreated to my parent's house (my mom had stopped by before we left for the library and was pretty persuasive in making sure we went up).  I was a bit of a lump at my parents, started feeling pretty crappy again.  

The boys, thankfully, went to sleep easily once we got home and now I'm just about to hit the hay myself.  Let's hope some sleep makes me feel better....we've got a busy weekend ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment