Sunday, February 26, 2012

Haircuts!

I only worked 2 days this week!  We couldn't figure out care for the boys for either Thursday or Friday (Monday was a holiday), so I stayed home with them.  Can't say that I wasn't a little bit bummed that I missed out on some money, but I did have a great time hanging out with the boys while I was off.  It's so hard to know what is best....work = money or time with boys = happy mommy/boys but no money.....if only we could win the damn lottery!

Anyways...Tuesday was a blur.  I worked all day, helped out with the school's book fair after school and then went to a work-shop on how boys and girls learn differently.  The work-shop was a bust, didn't feel like I learned anything.  On the plus side, we got free pizza!  The boys spent the day/evening in Brampton at Grandma and Grandpa's.  I had to drive to Brampton to pick them up after the workshop (at 7:30)...once the boys crashed, I did too!!

Wednesday is my "half-day".  I left work, and met James and Hunter at Subway.  He had his first fruit roll-up there (a momentous occasion).

Hunter loving his fruit roll-up.
 After lunch, we went next door and got H's hair cut.  His hair was getting a tad bit ridiculous.  He was a little distracted by the fire-truck he got to sit in, but sad pouty lip came out several times.  The boy does not like to get his hair cut.


Thursday was crazy craft, water play, let's get every toy we have in the house out day.  It was fabulous.



if you'll notice, Drew is dumping the bottle of water onto the floor, not into the water table.  He is saying, "oops" in the photo.


The boys tasting a "hostess cupcake" for the first time.  For some reason I feel compelled to take photos of them eating the crap foods from my childhood.  For the record, these were bought by my dad for him to take to work for HIS lunch.  It's nice to know that I come by my love of junk-food honestly.
Friday we had a snow storm.  It didn't seem that bad first thing in the morning.  The buses in Halton were still running (they had been cancelled in Peel and several other school boards).  Drew went off to school and H and I hunkered down for a day at home.  I had to head out though, as we were out of diapers (brilliant on my part) so off we went, into the snow storm (which had started full-force).  The good thing was, that no one else was on the road and Wal-mart was essentially empty.

Once Drew came home, the storm had passed and we had a phone call from Nana/Papa asking us why we weren't at their house yet!  We got in the van and headed to the Glen to hang out with them.

And that's that....I'll do another post on our weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment