Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Papa!

Once again, I'm behind on my blog posts.  Work is kicking my ass and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open at night.  As a compromise, I'll do yet another "week in pictures" post....

Monday Jan 30



James helping the boys construct a marble run.
 Tuesday Jan 31

My last ditch effort at a photo for my "photo a day" project.  

Feb 1 - Another last ditch effort at a photo a day entry.  I showed this one to the boys and they were rolling over with laughter....oh snicker-brother...you are so hilarious!!!
 Feb 2 - I worked at a school other than my LTO school today....didn't have a very good afternoon there (morning was great, but day ended on a sour note, thanks to another OT)  Oh well, at least I had fun at breakfast with my boys before I left for the day!




Feb 3 - Happy birthday Papa!  We celebrated Papa's birthday at Tucker's.  Drew wasn't a huge fan of the food, but the chocolate fountain really impressed him!



Once we were done eating, Nana and Papa came back to our place for some cake and gifts for the birthday man.


Every man in his 60's enjoys a Transformer's cake!


Feb 4 - We had skating lessons on this day.  Drew is doing SO well.  There were no tears today and when we got to Nana's after the lessons, he asked to put his skates back on so he could practice on the ice in the driveway.  It was so cute!



It was a beautiful day and since we were in the Glen for most of the day, we headed down to the park.  We met another family there, and the boys got along very well with the kids.  They played games and had races....it was SO much fun.





To top it all off, we went back to Nana and Papa's and made pizza!  Such a fun day!!


On Sunday (Feb 5) we decided to head back to the bush and cross the bridge.  We hadn't been back there in a while and the boys were interested to see what it would look like in the winter.  There was a lot of water in the creek, so crossing our bridge proved to be difficult!

FYI James....I've added another item to our list for the spring...."build a bigger bridge!!"



 We found some more ice in the forest....Drew wanted me to go back and get his skates.  lol


Drew and Hunter had a blast climbing the fallen trees.....we'll have to get back there with a chainsaw before the bugs get too bad in the spring...some of the trees had fallen on our fence.





Walking sticks were a must-have item.


More ice!  We had such a great time in the forest.  Plans are in the works to take a picnic back there in the next week or so....Drew really wants to bring James with us so "daddy can see all of our tree-forts".


A nice warm bubble bath once we got back to the house was a high priority.

And we're back to Monday......

No comments:

Post a Comment