Friday, August 19, 2011

Ninjas, subway, fruit kabobs and hikes....

The title just about sums up the end of our week.

James went back to work and it was an adjustment, to say the least.

Don't get me wrong, the boys and I had a great time, but the constant, "where is daddy?"..."when is daddy getting home" tends to wear on a person.

I did not take many photos throughout the past three days.  My I-phone camera seems to have gotten a bit fuzzy and I keep forgetting to bring my "fancy" camera along with us when we do fun stuff.

So, sorry for the lack of photos, I will do better in the next post, promise.

Wednesday morning we went to a momstown pool party.  A great way to get the boys minds off of the fact that daddy had gone back to work (and mine too!).  The pool was in-ground, salt-water and HEATED.  Seriously like slipping into a bathtub.  It was absolute heaven.

I wasn't sure how Drew would do at the play-date as all of the kids that were signed up were Hunter's age or younger.  He had a blast.  Was jumping in and swimming around.....it was great fun.  Hunter really liked to jump in too...he kept saying, "gump to you".  I made sure he had his life-jacket, but he wouldn't let go of me in the water (he couldn't touch the bottom).

The mamas seemed to have a fun time too....always great to get some adult conversation in while the kids are having fun.

Hunter fell asleep on the way home, so Drew and I had some fun Drew/mommy time while he slept.  Once he awoke, we headed to Nana and Papa's and went straight on the gator for an adventure back to the bush.

The trains are back upstairs at Nana's.  They were put away for a bit, but Drew insisted that they be brought back up.  Thomas is a favourite again.
Thursday morning we met some friend's at Rotary park, the boys had a great time, I had fun talking with my friend Cheryl and then we left to get some lunch as the boys (and myself) were starving.  Drew asked for the Ivy Army (Ivy Arms) but I didn't want to sit in a restaurant waiting for our food with 2 cranky boys by myself so we opted for Subway...a much faster alternative.

While we were eating, Drew asked what a "stow-a-way"was and as I was explaining it, we discussed how that was part of what uncle Jamie was policing (the trespassing in the CP yards).  Drew decided that if the stow-a-way was a ninja, he would be very difficult to catch and then made me record him asking uncle Jamie if he had ever arrested a ninja.  After we recorded the question we e-mailed uncle Jamie...I have yet to hear back.

Drew then decided that daddy must have arrested a ninja, as ninja's probably try to jump on planes a lot.

Oh, to be able to tap into that mind of his, and see what he was thinking all the time!

Last night we went to Nana and Papa's again and went on yet another adventure.  I LOVE going back there, it's such a pretty spot.  We found the truck/tractor trail and were able to drive the gator right back to our "secret" picnic spot (I used to go there with my grandmother).  It's not so secret though, as some strangers have made a fire-pit back there (to their credit, it's a really nice fire-pit, but still...PRIVATE PROPERTY people).

Anyways....

This morning we joined momstown again for the junior chef program where we made fruit kabobs complete with chocolate, caramel and cream cheese dips.  DELICIOUS.

The boys really liked making the kabobs, and Drew has asked me to find the stick thingys so we can do it at home.
Hard at work making their kabobs

Yum!
 After our cooking fun, the boys and I headed to the library to pick out some new books for this weekend.  We picked out an arm-full of mighty-machine and dinosaur books that we have already read half of (I picked up 2 country living magazines for myself!).  The boys then hit the computers there for a while before we headed home.

Drew asked for bacon for lunch out of the blue today.  I knew I couldn't let my friend Laurie down (a huge bacon fan), so I cooked up an entire package of the stuff (house still smells like it) and we all feasted on yummy bacon for lunch.  I had an incredibly artery-clogging bacon, goat-cheese and mayo sandwich (we are running very low on groceries)....it was oh so delicious though.

After H's nap (which was preceded by a horrendous pee nightmare.  I had put his diaper on him, but somehow neglected to put the most important part inside the diaper.....pee everywhere!) we headed back up to Nana and Papa's where the boys stayed around the house (no adventures today).  We filled up their kiddie pool, played trains and just hung around.  They both seemed very tired.

And that's that.....hello weekend!!!  Also, I just had a mild heart-attack when I read that the EX started today....yikes!  The end of summer is so close........must.....keep.....having.....fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Drew...I love you even more now! Mmmm...bacon...
    xo

    ReplyDelete