Friday, August 26, 2011

Fast week re-cap

Remember how in my last post I "promised" to do better with photos?  Ya, I forgot my fancy camera at home when we went to the cottage....ugh.

I did my best with what I had.

Let's see....Grandma and Grandpa joined us at the cottage for a night.  They watched the boys for us while we went to our first "official" condo meeting.

The meeting went way better than expected.  There was no yelling and everyone remained relatively calm.  James and I were pleasantly surprised.

James was elected to the management committee, he is the secretary.  Yay for him!






After Grandma and Grandpa left, we headed into Peterborough to grab some groceries and other various things.

We introduced the boys to Dairy Queen.  Drew has had a blizzard before (he doesn't remember) but we decided it was time to bring chocolate-dipped cones back into our lives.





It was love at first bite for both the boys.  A very messy outing, but super fun nonetheless.





While we were at the cottage, we rented a boat from Tony.  After this outing, I have a feeling that getting a boat has moved up on our wish list of things for the cottage.  The boys (and by boys, I mean all 3 of them) LOVED it.  We took it out a couple of times that day.





Fish!



Hunter loved it so much, he fell asleep....had a good little nap while we were out!





Hunter falling asleep while eating.

We went to Costco, the boys immediately found a huge skid of construction equipment...


Thomas is a big hit at the cottage again.

 On our way home from the cottage, we took a detour and headed back to DQ....LOVE those chocolate dipped cones!


 On Wednesday we worked around here, went to Home depot and had lunch at the subway there.  We picked up some more wood and some fungicide (for the boys pumpkins).  We dropped the boys off at my parents for the afternoon so that James and I could go see a movie.  We saw "Crazy, stupid, love" and I would highly recommend it!  It's now one of my favourite movies!

Thursday we met some of our friends for a picnic in the park.  It was great fun (for Drew, Hunter slept through most of it).  Once we were done at the park, we took the boys to visit Grandma and Grandpa while James and I headed to Square One  My phone was broken and we had an appt. at the apple store.  They ended up giving me a new phone (yay Apple!) and James and I had a nice time at the mall.  We picked up some stuff for Drew's birthday and had a yummy dinner at Panera bread (made me long for Florida though).

And that brings us to Friday, which I'll recap a bit later.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment