Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lifestyle overhaul needed

I've come to the realization that I'm lazy.  I'm not sure when it happened.  In highschool, I was pretty active.  Ok, I was very active, played most sports available, and when I wasn't at a practice for something, I was probably at the gym.  First year university I took a hiatus from physical activity and drank (and ate) my way to a 30lb weight gain.  I lost most of that during 2nd year, and 3rd year I joined the rowing team where I rowed and ran myself to skinniness.....I then became a personal trainer.  It was during this time that I "trained" moms to be, new moms, and mommys with older kids.  I created exercise programs that suited their experience, fitness level and lifestyle.  I motivated them to come to the gym.  I was there with them while they worked out.  Throughout this time, I can clearly remember thinking that it was ridiculous that these women didn't find time (a mere 60 minutes, I would think to myself) to work out.  It's so important to their health, I would think.  They'll feel so much better afterwards, why is it so hard?!?
7 years later and I am one of those mamas who can't get to the gym!!!  Hell, I can't even get off the couch right now to do a couple of squats.  I need some motivation, or an intervenous of caffeine to give me some energy. 
On another note, Drew was feeling much better today.  He was active and was totally himself.  It was great to have him back.  We went up to the Glen tonight and Drew offered to give Hunter a ride in his gator.  It was adorable.  Hunter had this huge grin on the entire time, and Drew drove slow for little Hunter-bug.  I love my boys! 

1 comment:

  1. I use to think that way too, about finding time to exercise. Now I am lucky if I can find 5 minutes to pee!

    ReplyDelete