Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy birthday Ethan and Emma!

This morning we went to Drew's friends from school, Ethan and Emma's birthday party.  It was held at Skedaddles indoor playplace here in Milton.  Drew and Hunter both had great times.  Neither of them stopped running the entire 2 hours that we were there.  It was done at 12:30, we left from there to head to McDonald's to get James and I some lunch (James had to be at work for 2).  We figured we could grab a quick lunch there while the boys played in the playplace.

Wrong.

Once there, Hunter was asleep, so he was put into the stroller.  Drew headed straight into the playplace and came out in less than 5 minutes crying.  "I'm tired mommy, I want to go home".  Once we had the food, we scoffed it down and I took the boys home, James left for work.

Drew was awake when we got home, surprisingly enough.  I thought I would have to deal with a crazy cranky boy all afternoon, but once inside, he asked to go up for a nap.  I walked him upstairs, tucked him in with his blankie and he slept for the next 3 hours.  Hunter was wide awake by this point (of course, why can't they both sleep at the same time!?!) and we hung out and played all afternoon.

Got a call from nana at 3:30, informing me that she was buying a ham and our services were required to help her and my dad eat it.  Naturally, we couldn't pass up that offer, and once Drew woke up, we were off to Nana's (again).

A great day.  Glad it's James' day 5 though, we miss daddy being home!

No comments:

Post a Comment