Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August 7, 2010

Today was a crazy day.  It all started out normally enough.  Our plan was for me to take the kids to my parents for a visit and James was going to do all the last minute things around the farm (we planned to leave for the cottage this evening after Katie's birthday party).
I took the kids to the Glen and we had a great time.  Drew drove his gator, and I hobbled around with Hunter (yesterday, before we went to meet little Hadley, I met with a foot doctor to get a treatment for a wart on the bottom of my foot - she put some sort of acid on it, and I wasn't able to walk on my foot due to a large blister that formed over the wart - completely normal apparently.....fun times!)
Here, on the farm, things weren't going so smoothly.  James cut the grass, and noticed a gaping hole in the fence, so he had to fix that.  Then he helped a cow deliver her calf, but the calf did not make it.....why do things like this always happen when we have somewhere to go?  We were supposed to be at our nieces birthday party at 3 but did not even leave for the party until 4:15.  Thank goodness we didn't really need to bring all that much with us to the cottage, as we've pretty much got everything we need up there.
Once at the party, we had a good time.  There was a cotton candy machine and cupcake decorating....we were in sugar heaven.  The boys had a blast.
Left the party for the cottage and stopped about 15 minutes later when Drew said he was "starving", and James spotted a McDonalds.  We pulled in there, underground parking and all, and hung out there for an hour or so before we were on our way again.  10 more minutes on the road and we had 2 sleeping boys....ahhhhh.
Arrived at the cottage, put Drew in his bed and assumed the usual routine with Hunter of waking every 2 or 3 hours.  Honestly, it's like he's still a newborn.  I keep saying I'm going to "do" something about it, but I'm sort of at a loss as to what I should do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment