Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 1 of the newer me!

James and I took the boys to the gym this morning.  It had been awhile since we'd been there, but Drew went in to the kids area with no problem.  Hunter started out happily enough, but one of the caregivers had to get James about 20 minutes into it, as Hunter was freaking out.  I guess she had asked Drew to come help his brother.  Caregiver - "Drew, your brother is having a hard time over here, could you come and play with him to help him feel better?" Drew - "No thank you, I'm having fun right here".

Well, at least he was polite, I'll give him that.

James went in, and played with Hunter for a few minutes, calmed him down, and then left again.  Hunter was fine for the rest of the time.

After this, I dropped my 3 boys off at Bristol park in Milton and speeded off to my foot appt.  I had it in my head that I was going to get the same treatment as last time, but at the last minute (well, after the doctor had dug at my foot hard enough to make it bleed) I chickened out and asked her to use a weaker acid.  She did, and while it's a little sore, it is NOTHING compared to the last treatment.  I have to leave it on for 36 hours and then I do a salt-rinse to neutralize it.

I picked them up at the park and we walked over to subway for lunch.  We are addicted to subway.  Right now they have 5$ footlongs, and we are capitalizing on that deal.

James went off to work at 1, Hunter had a nap and Drew and I played in the sandbox.  Once Hunter woke up, we headed up to the Glen and hung out with nana and papa.  Drew was supposed to have a sleepover tonight.  I left him there, but got a call at 8:30.  I guess once Drew had settled in for the evening, he asked to come home.  He didn't cry or anything, but decided that maybe he didn't want to sleep over afterall.  This is the first time he's done this, and has slept at my parents house many times before.  My parents brought him home, he was asleep when they got here.  Poor little man.  I was plagued with homesickness as a kid.....only it would be 2 or 3 in the morning when I would have my little freak outs and my parents would come and pick me up.  I hope Drew isn't starting down this path.....I didn't grow out of it until I was in grade 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment